Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Mang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Yeah I dared trying it out on my 2010 Macbook air 11in (max config). Surprisingly it runs pretty smooth on low. Now my problem is that it runs well for some time and then after some extended period of time (around an hour or so) sometimes even immediately the game lags like a mother**ker.

I've been looking for some performance tweaks useful for macs and the air models in particular but I've always fallen short. Are there any suggestion any of you guys have to help improve the performance? I use game booster and I've already turned off V-sync.

Basically the game's performance is on and off. Smooth sometimes and very laggy others. Need some help please. Would be much appreciated thanks.

John Mang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Thanks a lot for the input. It's just that it runs smooth sometimes and then after words it lags really bad. I guess it's just the CPU over clocking. Hopefully Bethesda finds some way to make the game more efficient in that department.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.