Macbook Air and SSD disks

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rwdebes, Jun 14, 2008.

1. rwdebes macrumors 6502

sup guys , im thinking about getting a macbook air , and i did some research about the SSD disks ,the main thing that is making me get a macbook air , besides weight and size factor.

-Faster start-up as no spin-up is required.
    - Typically fast random access for reading – as there is no read/write head to move.
    - NO NOISE
    - Ability to endure extreme shock, high altitude, vibration and extremes of temperature – again , because there are no moving parts.

those are great advantages in my opinion , but my question is: 64gb is nothing , at least for me 64gb is really small size for a hard drive. photos,music,softwares take a lot of space nowadays.

Is it possible to change the SSD disk from a macbook air and use a bigger one ? 128gb / 200gb ?

When you guys expect rev B macbook airs with bigger ssd disk and faster processors ?

thanks.

2. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'm thinking the rev B will have the 128GB for the $1000 you pay now. I'd definitely like to see the 64GB replace the HDD as standard

3. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

The Macbook Air uses a 5mm high PATA 1.8" drive. There are no SSD drives larger then 64gb that fit. Who knows what the future will hold? I think it is likely the MBA will get a bump in specs in January.