Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I got my new 2013 MacBook Air yesterday, and I calibrated the battery by letting it completely run down. This morning when I went to use it, the battery percentage is stuck at 100% for the past half an hour or so, even though I thought it was calibrated correctly. What can I do to fix this? Thanks ;)

Last edited:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
New Macs come ready to use and do not require calibration. In fact that's a problem as you're presently experiencing. I'd call or go back to the Apple store for assistance.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I got my new 2013 MacBook Air yesterday, and I calibrated the battery by letting it completely run down. This morning when I went to use it, the battery percentage is stuck at 100% for the past half an hour or so, even though I thought it was calibrated correctly. What can I do to fix this? Thanks ;)

Simply draining the battery is not the same as calibration, and the built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

The battery charge indication is only an estimate, and not completely accurate. It also doesn't decline at the same rate all the time, but varies, depending on the current power demands at any point in time.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Thanks, and it just dropped down to 99, so I'm not worried... I guess I'm just not used to a 12+ hour battery ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.