Macbook Air being Offered to me, need advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JavierDiaz4, Nov 6, 2014.

1. JavierDiaz4 macrumors regular

Hi there,

I'm being offered two macbook airs at work. One is in the box brand new, not opened for 700 dollars and another 5 hours old only for 680. These are the new 2014 models 11 inch with 128gb, so very base. They were bought for a trade show.

Looking to buy the 680 one and hopefully get it down to 650. Save myself a ton on taxes and on original price. At the same time, I dont need one, lol. I have always wanted one, but I have a 2011 IMAC 27 inch and an IPad mini. I guess I can sell the IPad, but I'm sure the macbook air will cannibalize to a degree my usage of the IMAC. Again, to a degree because my IPhoto library alone is over 270GB and growing now with my newborn.

So I'm sort of looking for a voice of sanity that can help me sway to a smart and not impulsive buy.

Thanks,

2. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I don't know how much you enjoy using the iPad, for the 3 years I had one, I absolutely hated it:mad: But, I guess, most folks who use tablets like the experience.

The MBA replaced my iPad. The MBA is my travel companion. My home computer is a souped up Mac Pro. My 11" MBA is a delight to use on the road or couch. I got rid of the iPad, and all the sundry accessories on Craigslist. I was never more happy to get rid of something in my life.

Lou

3. JavierDiaz4 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much Lou. I pulled the triger. Your feedback was perfect. Ipad is going on craigslist as we speak!

4. Carlos840 macrumors member

Good move!

Lou's description is exactly how i use my 11"... I have a 27" imac for all the serious work and the photo libraries, music libraries, etc.
    The 11" has no pictures, a "best off" itunes library, and is used to travel, at home on the couch, when a need a quick google while watching a video on the iMac, etc.

I really love having access to two computers at the same time, i sometimes put the 11" in front of the 27", it's so low that it doesn't even obstruct the 27".
    This way i can browse with the Air while watching something on the iMac.

Overkill, yes, but a lot of fun.

5. JavierDiaz4 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Carlos! All great feedback. Cant wait to really dive in and use it this weekend. Will be interesting to see how I can finally integrate and USE icloud drive with this setup.

6. ramolina9 macrumors newbie

Exact same case for me, bought the MBA a month and a half ago and I absolutely love it, I take long flights (+10 hours) because of my job every month and the MBA replaced my iPad in every aspect, I can watch movies, prepared my spreadsheets and PowerPoint decks. It is my main computer right now, at home I used it with a 23 inch monitor. Best computer I've ever had.