Macbook Air Bezel Gap

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aufhebunggeist, Nov 24, 2016.

1. aufhebunggeist macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that there is a minor gap between screen and bezel. Is it normal? Instead of one thing, this laptop is perfect. http://3.1m.yt/GwJuCe.jpg Take a look at the left side. in this case, should i concern with this circumstance?

2. bbnck macrumors 6502

I can definitely see it warped a little. I would advise returning it for a replacement if it bothers you. If not, ignore it and enjoy using your laptop.

3. aufhebunggeist thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your perspective. Does it led to any kind of problem, which is broken/crushed bezel? On the other hand, until now i have replaced several laptops all of which have different problem which is for example dead pixel, broken bottom case, fan noise, creaking hinge and so on and so forth. i,one the one hand, have used seven laptops within four months. On acoount of only one problem i would not like to change this laptop; even so, this is annoying me.

4. bbnck, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016

bbnck macrumors 6502

I can't say for sure whether or not it will lead to any further problems down the road, but if it's annoying you - and assuming you purchased it new from a retail store - then I would suggest returning it for a refund or replacement. Only you can make that call, it's your choice. If you purchased it direct from Apple, you have 14 days after purchase to return it for a refund or replacement under Apple's complimentary return policy. I would therefore suggest acting sooner rather than later if you want to reject the item for a refund or replacement.

Generally speaking, it's best to return a product immediately if you're uncertain whether or not you'll be happy with whatever you've noticed that you consider to be defective, not fit for purpose or unacceptable for the price paid.

If I had the same problem, I would have returned it, simply because I expect a lower margin of error for more expensive products. That's not to say I wouldn't return a £400 laptop that has a similar problem, but from my point of view a company creates an implied guarantee of quality if their product is expensive relative to alternative options.

What you do is up to you. Keep it or return it.

Hope this helps.

5. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

No way I would keep that. Ask for another one asap. It's not like there is some back order of these.

6. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

hi Thats not a laoptop . Its not even.. its a Mac laptop . And that has screens . I mean that soundbar is pretty much screen . Think it over? ANYWAY WHEN I WATCHED XONOSHELL ANIME AND I STOPPED.. then I thought kinda worthy of taking another look . Oh and Macbook looks like Microsoft from a lot of angles . Pretty depressing.. I buy Macs .