Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just a couple days after Apple released the latest MacBook Air firmware updates, Apple has released two updates to the MacBook Air involving the system's bluetooth functionality.

MacBook Air Bluetooth EFI Update 1.0 and MacBook Air Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.0 are both predictably lacking in detail as to what the updates do, however Apple explains that the software requires manual installation from the user's /Applications/Utilities folder, even if retrieved via Software Update.

Article Link

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
My Air downloaded both automatically, but only installed the EFI one. It said I was already up-to-date when I ran the BT one.

change

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2008
Who knows...
Strange updates recently...

My Air downloaded both automatically, but only installed the EFI one. It said I was already up-to-date when I ran the BT one.

My MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa) won't download the last firmware for itself. Seems like that was an issue for a few people, and now the same types of things are happing to the MacBook Air. I wonder how these updates reference your firmware version, because it doesn't seem to be working properly in all cases. Anyone torn open the installer packages?

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
My MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa) won't download the last firmware for itself. Seems like that was an issue for a few people, and now the same types of things are happing to the MacBook Air. I wonder how these updates reference your firmware version, because it doesn't seem to be working properly in all cases. Anyone torn open the installer packages?

I think there are only certain MBPs that require the download/firmware update. If it says its up to date, like my penryn MBP did, there is no need to install.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
is there any reason to update if you never use b/t?

Wonder if there would be benefits beyond it...

If you never have the radio powered on, then it may be OK to not update, but if the radio is powered on, then go ahead and update. There may be a security-related enhancement packed away in the update, and you would want to be covered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.