MacBook Air connected to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stonegammage, Sep 5, 2011.

1. stonegammage macrumors member

Hello! I just got home from my local Apple Store. My reason for going was to purchase a Mini Displayport to HDMI Cable. Note that is has the HDMI built in and it is not the adapter itself.

It is connected to my 11" MacBook Air. I work the Air with the lid closed and run the cable from the Air to my Sanyo 18.5" HDTV. So... my picture is fuzzy. And I am a photographer, so my usage will be quite a bit of Photoshop.

Can I download a better color profile or something? Everything is still legible, but it's not as crystal clear as it should be, especially with an HDMI cable.

Please Help!!!!!! Thanks in advance,

James

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Color profile is unrelated to clarity. Downloading a color profile is never going to be as good as generating your own with a colorimeter, which you ought to have if you're doing color critical work.

On the clarity part, make sure you're running the MacBook at the tv's native resolution (whether 1080p or 720p). SystemPreferences-->Display

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Yep, definitely a resolution problem. Make it your TV's native and you're golden.

4. ste5en macrumors newbie

How?

How can I make my new thunderbolt Air the TV's native?

5. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

I'm a couple week new Macbook Air owner myself. And this thread brings up a really good question in my head. Does 2011 Macbook Airs support Full HD 1920x1080 resolution?

6. billy12 macrumors member

Change the resolution in the Displays control panel under System Preferences.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yes.

On an actual HDTV, you may also want to tweak the underscan setting in the same spot. When connecting to my 46" Samsung, my MBA overscans a bit so I bumped the slider up a couple notches.

8. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I connect to a Sony LCD and in the correct resolution it's still pretty jagged.

I think it's just down to the panel itself. It's not a quality panel like a dedicated monitor would be.