MacBook Air, couple questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sanctified89, Jun 30, 2012.

1. sanctified89 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, long time lurker and a first time poster haha. I tried searching the forums but I couldn't really get a straight answer. I've been looking to switch back to a laptop because I miss the portability. I've also found that my computer usage is fairly light (aside from running some emulators and maybe WoW). I was wondering how the new air (with 8Gb ram) would fair on an external monitor or Tv (tv is 720p, monitor is 1080p).

Most of my gaming is done on my PS3 so the only time I'd stress the computer is during some games/emulation. Any advice/anecdotal stories is appreciated.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Sounds like the air is the perfect computer for you. 8gb will be important for running windows 7 as well, so good choice.

3. sanctified89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response, yeah I've been lookin to sell my gaming desktop to pick up one of the new airs. I figure it's enough horsepower for what I do on an external monitor.

4. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

In terms of gaming, the Intel 4000 HD is actually surprisingly capable.
    It handles Source games with high on everything. Rather impressive for an integrated Intel chip!

5. KPOM macrumors G5

The MacBook Air should be fine for what you are looking for. I use a 2012 i7 and occasionally run Windows 7 in a virtual machine. Be aware that when powering a 1080p TV, the fan might speed up because of the extra pixels that it has to power. I haven't tried this with the 2012 yet, but my 2011 would get loud sometimes.

6. sanctified89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, no worries there. I'll most likely hook it up to my TV. Thanks for the help guys.