Macbook Air - Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dan-anj, Jun 20, 2014.

1. dan-anj macrumors newbie

I bought my early 2014 Macbook Air about 3 weeks ago, and noticed yesterday it has a noticeable dead pixel in the centre of the screen. Now, its not bothering me as such, but it is noticeable from a distance too, and I feel as if I paid near enough to £1000 for this Mac, I should expect quality especially within the first few weeks.

Does anyone know the policy Apple have on a dead pixel on a very new machine, as I have tried to call them but they tell me to bring it into the store. Problem is I live no where near one, so I don't want to make a wasted journey.

Thanks very much

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It would be a covered failure under the warranty, if that's what you're asking - not sure how the trip would be wasted, although if you can put up with the issue in the short term you can certainly plan the trip for your convenience. Not like you have to do it tomorrow.

Are you in the USA? Apple offers mail-in repairs in USA, but I don't think that applies to most other countries.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Bring it in. It will not be a wasted trip. It is covered under warranty and Apple will fix it. That is what a warranty is for. A Genius is the only person who is going to be able to make the call. But it will need to be physically seen, that is why Apple said to bring it to a store. Just set up and appointment first.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. SmOgER macrumors 6502a

I would say it all depends on the store (or authorised reseller if there is no Apple store in your country). Some repair services consider such issue as defect only if certain amount of pixels is dead, usually around 4 or 5 of them.