Macbook Air Display Light

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by thirstymacbook, Jun 8, 2012.

1. thirstymacbook macrumors newbie

So last week my water bottle opened itself inside my backpack and managed to drench my 13" macbook air. When I picked it up there was water pouring out of the USB port/audio port on the power side of the poor thing. I figured it was dead but I put it in a bucket of rice for a week for the slime chance I might be able to save it. Fast forward to this week and the damned things boots up. The only problem is that the LCD has no back light. I've fixed laptops in the past with this issue by replacing an LCD inverter board but as far as my research as shown I can't seem to confirm if it actually has a separate one or if it's built into the lcd or motherboard.

Anyways just wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should proceed. I'm still waiting on my 5 point screwdriver in the mail so I can't even open it up yet to investigate.

I'm guessing it's either the entire display assembly....which was quite dry in the spill, damage to the main board, or hopefully the LCD cable.

2. applerepairs macrumors member

Seems to have problem with the Logic Board, Get it checked with Apple Certified Engineer