Macbook Air Display Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Harlowgold1, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Harlowgold1 macrumors regular

Harlowgold1

I just returned from the Apple Store in which they replaced my Macbook Air display due to bad pixels. After waiting five days, I get it home and when it is powered off, I can see the Apple logo from the cover showing through?!?! What part did they forget to put back into the display? :(:(:( Thanks for any insight!

Jenny!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's normal. The logo is just a cut out portion of the cover. Typically it's not noticed unless there's strong light behind it and the screen is off. There's nothing missing.

3. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors regular

Harlowgold1

4. anirudh macrumors 6502

Ha ha! Have been a mac user for the past 7 or more years now, realized just a couple of years ago that the logo shining through is normal :eek: You arent alone :D

5. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors regular

Harlowgold1

I just called my Apple store and they said I need to bring it back. That something is wrong?!? I am now confused!

6. abz1981, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

abz1981 macrumors 65816

As GGJstudios said. That is normal. I have noticed that before too.
    However if Apple want you to come back, then I guess you may well, see what they are wanting.

7. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors regular

Harlowgold1

Of course I live in Ohio, in which we average two sunny days a year :eek:

8. anirudh macrumors 6502

They must have misunderstood for sure! Also, as they have repaired your machine, I think they want to be doubly sure of the issue before they say "Its supposed to be that way". Good service on their part I must say :)

9. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors regular

Harlowgold1

Thank you all for your responses! :D:eek::eek:

10. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors regular

Harlowgold1

Well all of you were right it is normal. However, A+ to my Apple Store. They double checked my display for it's functioning and then sent me on my way! I love Apple Care!!! It is worth the money!

I am happy....Jenny :D:eek::D:eek:

11. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Yeah it's normal. By the way, I think it's more obvious with the air, because the screen is so thin (less stuff for the light to pass through between the back to the front).

Also, when they replace the screen they replace the whole assembly, so including the lid and everything. So there's nothing they could forget inside there. It's really impractical to replace just the display on these, because it's all glued together. Too bad, I'd just love to replace the panel with a matte one as I have done in the past to my Plastic MacBook. But it's just not feasible with the Air.