MacBook Air frozen curser moves but cannot press anything

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacBookAir User, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MacBookAir User macrumors newbie

I recently let a friend log into the guest account on my MacBook Air they switched accounts while I the administrator was logged in. They switched to the guest user account and my MacBook Air just crashed... The curser moves but am not able to press anything...

I have held the power button down but nothing happens it will NOT reboot, restart or anything...

I cannot press the apple button in the top left hand of the screen to try and force quit anything I can NOT press anything...

I have left it for a full day and it's still frozen.. I left the battery to run dead the laptop died but when I put the charger in it just booted back to the same frozen screen......

I have closed the lid for hours and still nothing ..... I have seen similar problems but I'm not able to press, select or shutdown anything...

Please help me as I have not more options

2. motrek macrumors 68020

You didn't hold down the power button long enough.

If you hold it down for over 6-7 seconds and the machine doesn't turn off, then something is catastrophically wrong with the laptop. Or I guess that button is broken, but that seems unlikely.