MacBook Air Hardware Test

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by IgneousMouse, Jan 27, 2018.

1. IgneousMouse macrumors newbie

IgneousMouse

Hi forums! I have a quick question about something I got from an apple hardware test I ran on a computer. The error code I got was 4sns/1/4000000: IDOR - 4.130. From what I can see on the internet it’s a temperture control issue. I just wanted to confirm the issue before proceeding. Any help will be appreciated.

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Are you actually having a problem (other than that error when running the hardware test)?

But, the error is a sensor error, probably a temp sensor on the logic board.
    I am guessing that your MBAir is no longer under any kind of warranty, as the hardware test name is no longer used after 2012 Macs, IIRC. It's called Diagnostics since that time.

Try a SMC reset, then run the test again. Be sure to also try the extended test, looking to see if you get the same error, or something different.

3. IgneousMouse thread starter macrumors newbie

IgneousMouse

It will randomly cut off sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t start at all. I’ve reset the smc and ran the test twice and gotten the error both times. I appreciate the help!

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Which MBAir do you have? If it is still supported by Apple (and not considered obsolete), then Apple can offer repairs of some kind. You would want to ask about a "flat-rate repair"

5. Macdctr, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018

Macdctr macrumors 6502a

Macdctr

Did you have any water damage to your MBA?

4sns/1/4000000: IDOR - 4.130

"4sns" indicates a system sensor error. The I (in IDOR) indicates an electrical sensor and the D indicates Direct Current.