Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IgneousMouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Hi forums! I have a quick question about something I got from an apple hardware test I ran on a computer. The error code I got was 4sns/1/4000000: IDOR - 4.130. From what I can see on the internet it’s a temperture control issue. I just wanted to confirm the issue before proceeding. Any help will be appreciated.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Are you actually having a problem (other than that error when running the hardware test)?

But, the error is a sensor error, probably a temp sensor on the logic board.
I am guessing that your MBAir is no longer under any kind of warranty, as the hardware test name is no longer used after 2012 Macs, IIRC. It's called Diagnostics since that time.

Try a SMC reset, then run the test again. Be sure to also try the extended test, looking to see if you get the same error, or something different.

IgneousMouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
It will randomly cut off sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t start at all. I’ve reset the smc and ran the test twice and gotten the error both times. I appreciate the help!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Which MBAir do you have? If it is still supported by Apple (and not considered obsolete), then Apple can offer repairs of some kind. You would want to ask about a "flat-rate repair"

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
Did you have any water damage to your MBA?

4sns/1/4000000: IDOR - 4.130

"4sns" indicates a system sensor error. The I (in IDOR) indicates an electrical sensor and the D indicates Direct Current.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.