Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daylightisbad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Dubai
Hi - apologies for the duplicate thread from the MBA forum, this is probably a better place for it.

My Time Capsule is working perfectly with two Macbooks, two PCs and a Playstation but my Macbook Air can't find it any more.

I rebooted the Time Capsule and the MBA found it during the setup process and then lost it again. Also rebooted the phone company's router to no avail. I have a full wifi signal but no internet and no backup connectivity.

iStyle's tech guy muttered something about the MBA being assigned a static IP by the router but he wasn't very helpful and could be blagging it anyway...

Any ideas?

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
Hi - apologies for the duplicate thread from the MBA forum, this is probably a better place for it.

My Time Capsule is working perfectly with two Macbooks, two PCs and a Playstation but my Macbook Air can't find it any more.

I rebooted the Time Capsule and the MBA found it during the setup process and then lost it again. Also rebooted the phone company's router to no avail. I have a full wifi signal but no internet and no backup connectivity.

iStyle's tech guy muttered something about the MBA being assigned a static IP by the router but he wasn't very helpful and could be blagging it anyway...

Any ideas?

Did you renew your DHCP lease? Does it say self-assigned IP in your network settings?

Cheers

daylightisbad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Dubai
Yes to both MacForScience, thanks for the reply. As I was reading your post I tried the Boot Protocol and got connected right away, still no idea what the problem was.

daylightisbad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Dubai
Totally bemused now. The connection is gone again, using the Boot Protocol makes no difference and nothing else has changed.

When it connected last time it got an IP in the 10.0.0.# range, I've tried forcing that manually with no luck. I get a wi-fi connection but no net or time capsule as before.

Help me Obi-Mac...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.