Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
I have something similar for my iPod Nano and it's nice. As for the Air, I think it would make the entire thing look glossy and odd. Also, I don't know how I feel about the piece on the bottom. If the unit gets warm (which can happen) will the adhesive be strong enough to last without slipping/shifting? If anything, I would get the part for the wrist rest just so I don't have to worry about my watch scratching that part. Even still, it covers the track pad and I'm not sure how well it would fit with the indentation of the track pad and what kind of interference it would have.

On that note, I'm a little skeptical.

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
glossy

I have something similar for my iPod Nano and it's nice. As for the Air, I think it would make the entire thing look glossy and odd. Also, I don't know how I feel about the piece on the bottom. If the unit gets warm (which can happen) will the adhesive be strong enough to last without slipping/shifting? If anything, I would get the part for the wrist rest just so I don't have to worry about my watch scratching that part. Even still, it covers the track pad and I'm not sure how well it would fit with the indentation of the track pad and what kind of interference it would have.

On that note, I'm a little skeptical.

So I take it that it will make the unit look glossy..... to bad they dont have it with more of a mat finish

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
So I take it that it will make the unit look glossy..... to bad they dont have it with more of a mat finish

Well, I don't know if it will or will not. The one I have for my iPod Nano is from a different company and it has a bit of glossy look to it already. The clear shield doesn't add to it, but I would imagine it would if it were matte like the finish on the MBA.

From the demo video on the website you linked it looks like it would add a big of reflection BUT the video only shows the LCD screen covers that they sell for phones, iPod, etc. and nothing with a flat finish like the MBA.

Just my observations.

jameskohn

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Connecticut
I use their products on all of my camera screens, my iPhone, and iPods. They are top notch in terms of quality, customer service and appearance. If you are in the market for this type of product, Invisible Shield is definitely the best of the bunch. I've even given them as gifts.

One bit of advice: a little patience while applying the film pays off in the long run. Take your time, make it perfect.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I have one on my macbook (and nano, and iphone). It's a great product. It would make the MBA look a shinier, like it was coated in very thin ice. IMO it looks very good, but YMMV. One other thing - to apply it correctly takes time and patience, so don't rush it.

mctheriot

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
I've got one on order - confirmed it shipped out today. I'll post when I get it.

Those of you that have used them on other products, is it difficult to get it installed correctly?

Mark

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I purchased the full body set for 27 dollars but have not received it yet. If it helps reduce scratches and discoloration, great. I just hope it doesn't make the aluminum look like plastic.

ddd269

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
Got the full body kit and put it on 2 day ago... except the bottom piece (I'll explain little later).

Yes it is a bit glossy but I think it looks good. More than compensates for it's protection and helps with grip as well - I've almost dropped the MBA twice already because of it's slippery aluminum cover.

I have the invisibleshield on every thing worth protecting in my collection of gadgets. Including, MBA, MBP, two MBs, iPhone, and several cell phones.

I absolutely love the invisibleshield. I've never been disappointed with one and God knows how many times it saved me from drops (things onto and dropping on the floor).

The MBA cover didn't disappoint either. I could only install the top cover, wrist cover, trackpad button cover for now, because the bottom cover was mis-cut (the cut was flipped over as if it was looking in to a mirror - in other words, adhesive on the wrong side). I called Zagg the next day, and no problem, they sent me a new one and it's on it's way.

To answer the trackpad question... The trackpad cover is a separate piece, as is the trackpad button cover. The trackpad cover is the only thing I don't like to cover, because it's a bit tacky and hinders finger sliding. But, my son doesn't mind the tackyness on his MB trackpad. Matter of preference, I guess.

You also, have to remember that the covers have a life time warranty and will exchange if you damage, peel, or if you send it for service and have to remove the covers. You just have to send the old cover back to them and they'll send new ones to you! They peel easily with a firm pull. No glue residue, even after 1 year, in my experience. btw... excellent customer service.

I highly recommend this product on all your stuff.

quick install tip: Make sure you spray lots of application solution (heavily mist evenly). Match one side and slowly lower the rest of the cover (if you get bubbles inside, don't worry, you can squeegee it out later). If you have sprayed enough solution, you'll be able to slide the cover until you position it right. Spray lightly over the top (this is to help the squeegee slide easily without moving the cover out of position) of the cover and hold one side of the cover firmly, so it won't move during the squeegee process and squeegee the solution out. After you squeegee the solution, wipe the excess solution on computer and work area with a lint free cloth. The curved edge will not be tacky when wet, so squeegee out as much solution as possible and let it dry for 3~4 minutes and push down with your fingers (or finger covered with lint-free cloth - helps absorb excess solution).

First try a cover that won't show too much if you mess up (the bottom cover, for example). Gain experience and the rest should be easy.

Just be patient and try to work in a dust free environment. After all the covers that I've installed, I can cover a whole computer in less than 15 minutes.

ewxlt

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
I love the stuff!

I have it on every cell phone and gadget I own with a screen.

I will be putting on the wrist wrests on my new MBP when it comes out.

It is more glossy but I don't mind.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
Got the full body kit and put it on 2 day ago... except the bottom piece (I'll explain little later).

Yes it is a bit glossy but I think it looks good. More than compensates for it's protection and helps with grip as well - I've almost dropped the MBA twice already because of it's slippery aluminum cover.

I have the invisibleshield on every thing worth protecting in my collection of gadgets. Including, MBA, MBP, two MBs, iPhone, and several cell phones.

I absolutely love the invisibleshield. I've never been disappointed with one and God knows how many times it saved me from drops (things onto and dropping on the floor).

The MBA cover didn't disappoint either. I could only install the top cover, wrist cover, trackpad button cover for now, because the bottom cover was mis-cut (the cut was flipped over as if it was looking in to a mirror - in other words, adhesive on the wrong side). I called Zagg the next day, and no problem, they sent me a new one and it's on it's way.

To answer the trackpad question... The trackpad cover is a separate piece, as is the trackpad button cover. The trackpad cover is the only thing I don't like to cover, because it's a bit tacky and hinders finger sliding. But, my son doesn't mind the tackyness on his MB trackpad. Matter of preference, I guess.

You also, have to remember that the covers have a life time warranty and will exchange if you damage, peel, or if you send it for service and have to remove the covers. You just have to send the old cover back to them and they'll send new ones to you! They peel easily with a firm pull. No glue residue, even after 1 year, in my experience. btw... excellent customer service.

I highly recommend this product on all your stuff.

quick install tip: Make sure you spray lots of application solution (heavily mist evenly). Match one side and slowly lower the rest of the cover (if you get bubbles inside, don't worry, you can squeegee it out later). If you have sprayed enough solution, you'll be able to slide the cover until you position it right. Spray lightly over the top (this is to help the squeegee slide easily without moving the cover out of position) of the cover and hold one side of the cover firmly, so it won't move during the squeegee process and squeegee the solution out. After you squeegee the solution, wipe the excess solution on computer and work area with a lint free cloth. The curved edge will not be tacky when wet, so squeegee out as much solution as possible and let it dry for 3~4 minutes and push down with your fingers (or finger covered with lint-free cloth - helps absorb excess solution).

First try a cover that won't show too much if you mess up (the bottom cover, for example). Gain experience and the rest should be easy.

Just be patient and try to work in a dust free environment. After all the covers that I've installed, I can cover a whole computer in less than 15 minutes.

Pictures would be nice.......

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Close your eyes. Picture your MBA except shinier.

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Close your eyes. Picture your MBA except shinier.

>_<

Nope, didn't work. Pics would be nice.

I think I might order the wrist pad protector because I wear a watch and am always leery about it scratching the finish on the pad. We shall see.

ddd269

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
Pictures of the invisishield. Like I posted ealier, I didn't apply the trackpad (don't like the tackiness) and the bottom piece because I'm getting a new one due to defect.

Anyways Here are the pics. Sorry about the quality on the close-ups (I took it with iPhone)

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 313

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Pictures of the invisishield. Like I posted ealier, I didn't apply the trackpad (don't like the tackiness) and the bottom piece because I'm getting a new one due to defect.

Anyways Here are the pics. Sorry about the quality on the close-ups (I took it with iPhone)

Thank you for posting those pictures! It confirms what I had though in that it would make the outside a little too glossy for my liking. I'm still considering getting the wrist protector though.

got it yesterday for my MBA 1.8/64 a week ago and it is not invisble:MY ADVICE DO NOT BUY IT !!!!

Did you get the wrist protector? If so, did you apply it? If not, would you be willing to part with it at a reduced cost? :D

lewisozz

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
United Kingdom
Sorry Sold on ebay yesterday

Did you get the wrist protector? If so, did you apply it? If not, would you be willing to part with it at a reduced cost? :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry sold it on eBay yesterday :(:(:(

ddd269

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
Thank you for posting those pictures! It confirms what I had though in that it would make the outside a little too glossy for my liking. I'm still considering getting the wrist protector though.

I took the pictures with maximum reflection so I could show the cover otherwise, it's not as glossy.

btw. You'll appreciate the non-slip feel, which feels a lot more secure than the MBA's cover, which is very slippery.

It's your preference, but in my opinion, it's the best bulk-free protection you can buy. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 538

lewisozz

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
United Kingdom
They said it was invisible !!!

They said it was invisible. and that was why i bought it because i didnt want to carry round a case all day. But the invisble shield just makes my MBA shinney and glossy which i dont like !!! and it makes the MBA fuzzie !!!!

lewisozz

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
United Kingdom
They said it was invisible !!!

They said it was invisible. and that was why i bought it because i didnt want to carry round a case all day. But the invisble shield just makes my MBA shinney and glossy which i dont like !!! and it makes the MBA fuzzie !!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.