Macbook Air hinge replacement program

Retromac2008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
i read it s over in 2016 !!! :(

my hinge is damaged, do you think they can fix it for free ? it s the 1st Macbook Air

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2015
Nope... mine broke in 2016 just 3 months after the program had ended and they couldn't do anything for me.

Problem was, I never knew there was a replacement program in the first place because they also did replace it even if it wasn't broken. Mine was wiggling for years but I didn't know it was wrong or could get broken.

I ended up selling the broken MacBook Air to someone for 50,- that could use the display.
Never bought a MacBook Air anymore after that. It was probably the worst computer ever made by Apple because it was also freaking expensive.

Retromac2008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
Nope... mine broke in 2016 just 3 months after the program had ended and they couldn't do anything for me.

Problem was, I never knew there was a replacement program in the first place because they also did replace it even if it wasn't broken. Mine was wiggling for years but I didn't know it was wrong or could get broken.

I ended up selling the broken MacBook Air to someone for 50,- that could use the display.
Never bought a MacBook Air anymore after that. It was probably the worst computer ever made by Apple because it was also freaking expensive.
the hinge cost 3euro, or 12£ if you want em both + cover (from uk), you sold it for 50$ ! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.