MacBook Air in seperate forum, so I can get info on MacBook

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bking1000, Jan 17, 2008.

1. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to get the MacBook Air into a seperate forum? I have legit questions I am wondering about on MB and MBPs, but everytime I go to the forum, it is overwhelmed with all the stuff on MBA.

They could be merged later on, but really need to seperate right now, as MBA is all speculation, while MBP and MB is more about getting real answers now, and that can't be done with the MBA overwhelming everything.

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Post your thread and just wait for the answers to poor in.

Believe it or not, most of us are actually looking to help. :)

3. theman macrumors 6502a

i think the macbook forums is getting too crowded, it makes it harder to get questions answered, especially when people really need help with something.

4. bking1000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agree 100%, though I'm getting the sense most people are here to gossip and chit-chat, and less to help (I suppose it is the MacRumors:Forums and not the MacHelp:Forums, so I only have myself to blame) :eek:

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Different areas of the site serve a different purpose, if you post a help thread with a detailed title someone will answer it. Remember if you don't clearly state the problem people won't give you a good answer.

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Can we create one for the older PPC machines? Like the iBooks, PB in a separate forum like it is for the MBA. This way we don’t have to search though the MB, MBP forum.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I agree with this, maybe group it as PPC and Intel.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm not sure discussions that are specifically about PPC Macs are frequent enough to warrant a separate forum. We and many members are already concerned about "forum bloat" as the Apple product line grows, so some groupings are necessary, and combining desktop and laptop PPC Macs into one forum would take away a distinction that is often important.

At least they aren't confined to the "Apple Collectors" forum!