Macbook Air Insurance

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Cyber735, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Cyber735 macrumors member

Thought I'd never need it, then I did the impossible...

After unplugging it, I picked it up and was about to walk out the door, somehow it slipped out of my hand... I grabbed a corner threw it up in the air, and then tried to slow its descent by flapping my hands underneath, this just sent it further across the room. It was about to land on the desk when I grabbed hold of it again flipping it around a few times before hitting the edge of the desk, then just as it was about to hit the floor - I got it!

I'm not lying when I say it spent a good 5 - 6 seconds in the air!
    Luckily there's no damage (visible anyway) but the design and weight distribution made it almost impossible to catch

Can anyone recommend good gadget insurance? you know...idiot proof?

Thanks,

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, check with your agent. They might be able to add a rider to your policy that doesn't cost very much. Or, it might even be covered already.

You might also want to check with the credit card your purchased it with to see if they offer any coverage.

If not, you might want to give safeware.com a shot. I used to have a policy with them before my homeowner's policy covered my gadgets. I never actually got to file a claim though, so I don't really know for sure if they're god or not.

3. SusanK macrumors 68000

I don't have insurance for my computer but I heard that Inland Marine is available for about $50/yr. Check with your insurance agent.