Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
For people of unspeakable evil

adolf-hitler-with-a-mac.jpg

:D
This is really clever. The reflection seals it :D

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
This is really clever. The reflection seals it :D

lol actually i think that was just a clever use of laziness seeing its a pic of Jobs at the keynote with Hitlers head pasted on.

Funny nontheless

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Not trying to derail this into a PRSI kind of issue but MSNBC is not really known for its unbiased journalism.

Funny, seeing as they were supposedly in the tank for Obama/biden.

obama_computer.jpg

obama-29384029384.jpg

Even funnier when half the staff at MSNBC uses macs.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
The MBA is for people with money :) Jerks can be rich or poor....

My Jerkness only went up 25% when i bought one....

Better then a journalist tough, IQ drops a 100 points....

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I feel like a prick when I plop down at the local cafe amongst a sea of black and white MBs. Then I get over it.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Some of you guys should hit your local shopping mall this week and see if some sense of humor is on sale - you badly need it.

Maybe it comforts you a bit that the Blackberry folks got an ever stronger broadside from the MSNBC folks. I'm sure that many of my former colleagues would hate the author with a passion for his remarks about Blackberry users. Just like the MacBook Air users here on this forum seem to hate the guy.

However, the descriptions why those seven devices make you look like a jerk could have come straight from Scott Adams' Dilbert cartoons. Sometimes it's hard to laugh about the Dilbert strips because they are depicting corporate fact, not fiction.

darwinian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
In R4, more or less
Ah, even if you don't agree, I found the concept amusing. Plus I'm annoyed by friends on Blackberries. I get a kick out of Segway cops. Most of the people with pulsing blue ears DO look like they're talking to themselves. And $1799's way more than I'd ever pay for a MBA (personally!). :D

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Oh come on, he had to write that article to receive $500 from MS, so he can now almost afford a MB for his christmas :D (While hoping to get MBA in his dream)

Let's see who would write similar article if it meant a free iPod :rolleyes:

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
the article is pretty accurate. The macbook air is most assuredly a jerk device, which is beaten in nearly every category by the alu macbook. The physical dimensions of the macbook air is nice and so is the screen, but the price is really high for such a limited device. Add 1.5 pounds to the macbook air's weight you get a device that is much more portable imo. The air is cool but is really is a fashion statement.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
the article is pretty accurate. The macbook air is most assuredly a jerk device, which is beaten in nearly every category by the alu macbook. The physical dimensions of the macbook air is nice and so is the screen, but the price is really high for such a limited device. Add 1.5 pounds to the macbook air's weight you get a device that is much more portable imo. The air is cool but is really is a fashion statement.
ugh.

People like it so they buy it. Is every person that owns a mercedes a jerk?

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
I don't think everyone that owns it is a jerk but as a jerk device it is owned by more jerks. I don't think the article said anything about mercs and everyone knows that beemer drivers are the jerk car owners :p.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I don't think everyone that owns it is a jerk but as a jerk device it is owned by more jerks. I don't think the article said anything about mercs and everyone knows that beemer drivers are the jerk car owners :p.

What makes it a jerk device?

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
MSNBC said:
But the MacBook Air? No amount of breathless advertising sufficiently obscures the fact that you paid a premium for an elegantly designed, under-featured, overpriced laptop without an optical drive.

What does it do? It fits in an interoffice mail envelope and it has rounded edges. Forward that junk to Frank in Design. After all, everyone already knows he's a self-indulgent boob.

the macbook air is celebrated for being inadequate and that is why I consider it a jerk device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.