MacBook Air is incredibly sluggish...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by crazyman3005, Jan 2, 2015.

1. crazyman3005 macrumors regular

After installing Yosemite on my SSD Macbook Air...it is incredibly sluggish....nothing in activity monitor seems to be standing out though to be the cause....anything I can do? ...

Thanks, appreciate the help. - Really need this sorting, i've been pulling my hair out lol.

2. alidstone macrumors newbie

3. motrek macrumors 68020

Not a useful question. It was fast enough before the software update so something has gone wrong. Not sure what though unfortunately. I've updated 3 computes to Yosemite so far and they're all just as fast as before.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

What apps are you running and how are you running them?
    What did you try to remedy the problem so far?

5. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

I've noticed the same. My 2013 MBA which has been a workhorse the past 1-2 years (and always SUPER snappy) does not feel like the same machine since Yosemite. Some days it seems fine, but others I can not only sense, but I can visibly see it dragging.

There are no hardware issues and I've performed 3 "clean" installs of Yosemite as well. Not glad it's happening, but glad it doesn't seem to be isolated either.

6. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Just a reminder from Apple that it's time to upgrade to a new fanless with higher resolution.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

Also remember to turn off transperancy!
    If nothing else helps, just downgrade to Mavericks.

8. chabig macrumors 68040

There is always some housekeeping to do after an upgrade. Let it work for day and it'll probably be ok.