MacBook Air (is time for Trinity?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rdettogni, Jun 5, 2012.

1. rdettogni macrumors newbie

Ivy Bridge ULV and AMD Trinity ULV have the same TDP (17 W), some tests showed that Trinity based computers have better battery life and much more graphics power. Okay, they will loose in terms of processing power, but those CPU benchmarks only makes a real difference for high demand applications, for daily use it is impossible to tell the difference.

Would be a huge surprise to see Trinity on the new macbook Air but it would make a huge difference in terms of MBA capabilities. You could play games on it with medium details, in a 11 inch ultrabook size mac.

Does apple executives read this Forum?

2. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Okay, they will loose in terms of graphics power, but those GPU benchmarks only makes a real difference for high demand applications, for daily use it is impossible to tell the difference.

See what I did there ;)

Also, I'm sure they're already in production (and were designed for Ivy Bridge from the start), so you'd have to be looking to make the switch next year or later.

I've also read AMD would have a hard time keeping up with demand, but I'm not too sure if that's true or not.

Don't forget Thunderbolt is an Intel creation (based off of Light Peak). Do you really think Apple will drop something they drummed up so much in its subsequent refresh?