MacBook Air iSight problem..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ZZEPPOSS, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ZZEPPOSS macrumors newbie

I LOVE my mba...

But the only stupid little thing that suddenly went completely down is the build-in iSight camera.. It just doesn't work any longer.. Used it before for Skype, iChat, PhotoBooth etc..

I discovered somewhere the following tip on the Apple Support pages: "Resetting an Apple portable's System Management Controller (SMC)" (see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411?viewlocale=en_US) but that didn't change a thing...

Has anyone a clue, out-there????
    Please HELP!!
    Tnx!
    =;\

2. waikikiTed macrumors newbie

I don't know if I'm experiencing something similar in some regard, but I have noticed on the few occasions to be using ichat - that my MBA has simply locked up completely. This is most noticable when I was using it with my home Wi-Fi and running full screen with some of the video themes running.

Frustrating when you lose your chat and have to reboot the whole system.

3. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

I had the same issue with my MBA, the isight went dead, and would 'maybe' turn on after an SMC reset and other reset stuff. Eventually I got tired of it and took it to an Apple store where they tried to fix it, but ended up replacing it with a new one on the spot. Perhaps that's what you should do too if it keeps acting up, just an idea.

Abe

4. naid macrumors regular

Sounds like a trip to the Apple store will be your best option.