Macbook Air Jump from 13" to 11" ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macbedhead, Feb 26, 2011.

1. macbedhead macrumors member

I bought the latest 13" last October and I'm thinking of selling it to get the 11" Air plus some nice Altec speakers and a lovely superslim white 1080p AOC 23" LED screen.

http://img840.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110226at715.png/

When I sold my old alu Macbook 2Ghz 2 GB and got the 1.83 Ghz Air there was absolutely no subjective feel of it being slower as I had an SSD on the Macbook.

My question is .......finally (!) with the slower FSB and slower CPU on the 11" , will I notice it being much slower ?.. as it has the same snappy SSD inside as the 13".

I'd hate to be going backwards in a big way with responsiveness...I just use it mainly for web/720p movies...that's it !......no gaming /encoding etc.The other peripherals are pulling me to buy them and where I am , used Airs hold quite a high price considering online retailers undercut the Apple store so I'd just be out of pocket a tiny bit.

I think it will be best of both worlds with the 1080p screen at home and super light 11" notebook which I tend to take with me through the week.

2. kettlecorn macrumors 6502

I went from a MBA 13" Ultimate (2.13 ghz, 4gb ram, 256 ssd) to the BASE 11" (1.4ghz, 2gb of ram, 64gb ssd) and I did not notice much performance decrease. to the point where when I did feel it it was negligible or even mental. I dont use encoding, programing or rendering and just use web, multitasking and videos. The 11" handled HD youtube vids very well.

3. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I have an ultimate 13" MBA and an 11" Base. I use them both every day. For what I do I cannot tell any difference except the 11" fans don't run as much and it is cooler