Macbook air kernal panic

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kris-hm, May 16, 2014.

1. kris-hm macrumors member

i have a 2008 macbook air that when i turn it on, it appears to be booting into the os, but then it goes to a gray screen and says i need to restart the computer. I restarted it, same message.
    I tried nvram and smc reset, nothing changed. I held the option key at start up to view boot options, and the hard drive appears as bootable. I tried to boot from an osx disc though and it would not load it. I tried to boot off a usb drive with an os installed to it and it also would not boot that. I was trying to boot mavericks though, i do not know if the 2008 macbook air supports it.

I was wondering if there are any common hardware issues with the 2008 macbook air. Im sure its a hardware issue, but whats the issue? is it the gpu? cpu? a different component?
    Computer seems to operate normally, no issues when you start the computer, display works fine, keyboard works fine, mouse fine, usb works, charging port works, doesnt get hot.
    If anyone has any advise its much appreciated. Im not interested in replacing the logicboard, i want to repair it if i can.

2. kris-hm thread starter macrumors member

nevermind, i figured it out. I wish i knew how to delete threads.

3. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

If you would, share the steps that resolves your issue for future reference.