Macbook Air Keyboard + Macbook =

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnrbell, Jan 17, 2008.

1. johnrbell macrumors newbie

looking at the new macbook air, it seems to have the same shape for the "keyboard" piece.
    can anyone who is better educated in the field comment on the idea of swapping them (assuming they fit) and getting the backlit keyboard, repositioned power button, and multitouch keyboard to work?

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Geeeeeezzzzz can we get them first:)

3. johnrbell thread starter macrumors newbie

hah. really, the laptop is neat, but the keyboard is the real thing that interests me.

the next laptop im going to be drawn to buy is going to be a big version of the gameboy ds, preferably by apple.

4. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

Well the Macbook wouldn't have an ambient light sensor so that'd be pretty hard, not to mention it likely doesn't have room for the backlighting underneath the keyboard. unfortunately I'd say it's highly unlikely.

5. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

I wish Apple would make a USB backlit keyboard... lol

6. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

*Wild speculation warning!*

Since the Air is thinner than MacBooks, perhaps the Air's keyboard is self-contained?

Lacking the ambient light sensor might be OK if one can settle for manual backlight control. The keyboard backlight controls are on the F5 and F6 keys of the 'Air. Which is conspicuously missing on the Santa Rosa MacBooks.

7. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

They are out there. I have a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard with nice backlighting.