MacBook air late 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DDJ, May 21, 2017.

1. DDJ macrumors newbie

How long do they usually last? Mine is still going great.:):)

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

They last as long as they are useful to their users. Take care of it and it'll last as long as you can stand using it!

I still use the PowerBook that got me through college as a writing machine today :)

3. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

The 15" Aluminum PowerBook G4 that I got in 2003 died a year ago. Had not used it for a long time and got it out to play with some old PPC software. Was working fine, then it crashed and would not restart. All I got was a "chime of death" indicating a memory problem. Checked it out as well as I could, and I think it's really dead - no big deal, I don't need it.

My 2008 15" MacBook Pro still works but the battery died a couple years ago. Again, I don't need it and it just sits in the closet. The screen doesn't look so good anymore and it generally looks and feels old, but it still works.

My 2013 MBA is still my primary computer and I'm happy with it. So my Mac laptops tend to last much longer than needed. :)

4. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Not the 2010 model, but the 2011 one (i5, 4GB RAM). Performance is not what it used to be or at least feel like. Battery is dead after 1300 cycles. Still use it as my main computer till the end of the summer vacation then probably going for the 12" MacBook. It is a great little computer though. Small yet powerful for most tasks.

5. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Screen is a bit dull compared to a rMBP but it's still a nice machine for running Sierra.

6. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

I now use it to runneth High Sierra.

7. windowpain macrumors 6502a

How does it run(neth)? Any improvement on Sierra?

8. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

Right now it's like running Sierra betas that were high in memory use due to how the OS was compiled. I'd expect that to settle down and GA High Sierra to be similar in use of resources to GA Sierra.

For comparison, I ran SL for a day on thismachine yesterday. What a difference in term of resource usage. I generally had 2gb free even when I had half a dozen tabs open in FF.