MacBook Air Late 2011 Wi-Fi bug has returned

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by booyahbooyah, Dec 25, 2013.

1. booyahbooyah macrumors regular

Once again, if I close the lid, and reopen it after 15 minutes, it can't connect to my Wi-Fi unless I turn Wi-Fi off and on.

This problem was resolved for the last year or so, but it has returned.

In case anyone from Apple is reading.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

If you keep image backups of you OS, you would be back in business in 15 minutes and not have to wait for Apple to come to your rescue.

3. Clubber macrumors member

I've had that issue with my 2009 MacBook Pro, 2011 Air, and now my 2013 rMBP. It has the exclamation point in the wifi icon on the menu bar. Bouncing the wifi works most of the time but when it doesn't restarting my AirPort helps.

4. jamezr, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Have you taken it to an Apple store to have them look at it? Have you called support? What version OSX are you running?
    I have a 2013 Haswell MBA. I can have Safari open and close the lid and leave it over night and open it in the morning and it has instant wifi connection. I am running ML 10.8.5
    Also what kind of WiFi connection do you have? Is it running on 2.4 Mhz or 5 Mhz? There are a ton of variables…does it happen only at home? Does it happen on public or other WiFi hotspots?

5. booyahbooyah thread starter macrumors regular

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. The bug was caused by a recent OS update. Nothing is going to stop that OS update from being reapplied.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

So is posting a complaint in a non-Apple-affiliated forum and counting that as your official bug report. :)

If you want them to pay attention, notify them here.

7. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    not so, otherwise all users who updated would be having WiFi issues.

I have a 2008 MBP (10.8.6) and 2x 2013 Airs (10.9.1) - all are instant WiFi connection on waking.