MacBook Air Late 2011 Wi-Fi bug has returned

booyahbooyah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Once again, if I close the lid, and reopen it after 15 minutes, it can't connect to my Wi-Fi unless I turn Wi-Fi off and on.

This problem was resolved for the last year or so, but it has returned.

In case anyone from Apple is reading.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
If you keep image backups of you OS, you would be back in business in 15 minutes and not have to wait for Apple to come to your rescue.

Clubber

macrumors member
May 29, 2009
I've had that issue with my 2009 MacBook Pro, 2011 Air, and now my 2013 rMBP. It has the exclamation point in the wifi icon on the menu bar. Bouncing the wifi works most of the time but when it doesn't restarting my AirPort helps.

jamezr

macrumors G5
Aug 7, 2011
US
Once again, if I close the lid, and reopen it after 15 minutes, it can't connect to my Wi-Fi unless I turn Wi-Fi off and on.

This problem was resolved for the last year or so, but it has returned.

In case anyone from Apple is reading.
Have you taken it to an Apple store to have them look at it? Have you called support? What version OSX are you running?
I have a 2013 Haswell MBA. I can have Safari open and close the lid and leave it over night and open it in the morning and it has instant wifi connection. I am running ML 10.8.5
Also what kind of WiFi connection do you have? Is it running on 2.4 Mhz or 5 Mhz? There are a ton of variables…does it happen only at home? Does it happen on public or other WiFi hotspots?

Last edited:

booyahbooyah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
If you keep image backups of you OS, you would be back in business in 15 minutes and not have to wait for Apple to come to your rescue.

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. The bug was caused by a recent OS update. Nothing is going to stop that OS update from being reapplied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.