Macbook Air lid sliced through my charger wire

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by daonesteven, Sep 9, 2011.

1. daonesteven macrumors 6502

So I guess my charger wire got caught somehow under the hinge of the lid when I was opening it and of course the edges of the MBA are sharp enough to cut a literal apple, it made about a half cm slice through the surface of the wire where I can just barely see the silver wires inside now. Any way I can take this into Apple to get it replaced maybe?

2. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

I never thought this was even possible. Please take a picture of that razor lid.

3. mountains macrumors regular

I've seen it used as a cake cutter, but this is pretty funny too.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You can ask, but I'd have to say it's not likely. This damage falls under the category of "abuse". If you're barely seeing silver wires (shielding) just get some white electrical tape and neatly wrap the damaged area.

5. daonesteven thread starter macrumors 6502

this sucks especially since i've had this computer for just over 1 week now...

6. kolax macrumors G3

Worth a bash taking it to the store if it's nearby and you only had it a week.

Just be down to earth and explain your situation, and they might be kind to you.

7. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

My rabbit chewed part of mine and exposed the wires. Just wrap it with electrical tape- problem solved.

8. rosemary1 macrumors regular

Hah. I have a rabbit, too, and am sooo paranoid about this happening with my new MBA. I've had to replace soooo many cables around the house. He never just nibbles the plastic; he goes through the whole wire. :p

9. 2IS macrumors 68030

Yes, there is a way you can take it to Apple and get it replaced maybe.

Just take it to your local Apple store, and maybe they'll replace it. ;)

If not, you can simply cover it up with some white electrical tape.