Help! My macbook air 11" 2010 just took a liquid spill - hot sweet tea - and some went inside via the keyboard. I poured the liquid out, it wasn't a huge amount, but after about a minute it turned itself off with no warning. The battery may have been very low but I am not sure. I have an appointment to visit an apple genius bar on Monday but there is nothing else available in the city that I am in. I am in Europe so everything is closed right now. Also I haven't tried to turn it back on, or charge it since. - Afterwards I left it somewhere warm and upside down. Is there anything else I should do? - Also does it seem likely that it is dead, based on the fact it turned itself off? If the battery was low would there have been a warning before it powered down, even if the battery was under 1%? Thanks in advance! Update for those facing similar woes: Spoke to someone at a genius bar who said - - never use a hair dryer - put the computer in rice in a vertical position - probably the motherboard is damaged and will cost about €300 + VAT to replace - If the SSD is damaged it will cost about €350 + VAT to replace - So a secondhand/refurbished might be better value.. plus parts only have a 90 day warranty vs 1 year for refubs Could be a very expensive cup of tea!