Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suste

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Hello everyone, today I got the second macbook air M1 (I made the first one for the same problem that I will say shortly), everything perfect, the only problem is that on any surface the base wobbles, especially in the near left point to the touchpad.

the exact same problem reported in this video:

Anyone have this problem?

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014

ljabuka

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2021
Hello everyone, today I got the second macbook air M1 (I made the first one for the same problem that I will say shortly), everything perfect, the only problem is that on any surface the base wobbles, especially in the near left point to the touchpad.

the exact same problem reported in this video:

Anyone have this problem?
Hi, bought the Macbook Air M1 few weeks ago and have the sam issue, thus doing investigation about this (and found your post). How did you solve your case eventually? I am new MacBook user btw and did not expect issue like this on this pricey machine. This issue make me mad. Besides that this look like amazing machine, but I do not think I will stay normal after using it with this issue.

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Hi, bought the Macbook Air M1 few weeks ago and have the sam issue, thus doing investigation about this (and found your post). How did you solve your case eventually? I am new MacBook user btw and did not expect issue like this on this pricey machine. This issue make me mad, but besides that this look like amazing machine.
If your Mac arrived bent and has a slight wobble, you should return iit right away. No pointing in waiting and researching.

Spacegray

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2016
Test it on a glass table if possible. Wooden tables often have slight unevenness in the surface. If it still wobbles, send it back.

Reactions: Reason077

bunglex

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Had a very similar issue with a 2018 MacBook Pro, wouldn't sit flat and the lid would not close flush. In the end it caused problems with the trackpad and got it sorted with Apples keyboard replacement programme. So send yours back for a replacement ASAP.

ljabuka

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2021
If your Mac arrived bent and has a slight wobble, you should return iit right away. No pointing in waiting and researching.
Place where I live can be in most cases painfull returning so I wanted to see if this is general issue (seems it is and impact a lot units out there) so that I experience the most painless way when return it back and get refund. That is why little investigate. Now I think after little search shall be less painfull. Lets see.

ljabuka

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2021
Had a very similar issue with a 2018 MacBook Pro, wouldn't sit flat and the lid would not close flush. In the end it caused problems with the trackpad and got it sorted with Apples keyboard replacement programme. So send yours back for a replacement ASAP.
Hi. Thanx for sharing your experience and I am sorry you was one of us “lucky” ones. Yes, I suspect more serious issue behind and moreover could be even worse then keyboard or enclosure defect due to symptoms (like start of battery swollen). Btw, I am not sure if I want replacement, because (due to experience from others what I read in forums) many people got same after replacement.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Ive read people simply loosening and tightening bottom plate screws and getting their Macbooks straight again, some had them "straighten" after a while on their own.
That is, ofcourse, if doesnt appear to be like violently bent as if someone really tried to bend it and then boxed it and shipped to you.

ljabuka

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2021
Ive read people simply loosening and tightening bottom plate screws and getting their Macbooks straight again, some had them "straighten" after a while on their own.
That is, ofcourse, if doesnt appear to be like violently bent as if someone really tried to bend it and then boxed it and shipped to you.
Brand new from original package should not behave like this so none of own loosening and tightening is not an option in this case. I do not want like buy new Mercedes and loosening and tightening things on brand new Mercedes in order to fix defects that came from factory :), that is simply not right way. :)

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Happened to an old 12" MacBook I had back when those were launched. I just gently / delicately put pressure on the offending corner to bend it ever so slightly (wasn't even visible). Worked perfectly. It is aluminum. It bends. Do at your own risk. Wasn't worth it to me to go through the return / exchange game for something so simple to fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.