Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albov2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2022
Hello,

Has anyone here already purchased a MacBook Air M2 with Cyrillic keyboard?
I’m curious to know the kb layout before I make a purchase decision.
Appreciate if you could send me a pic of the kb.
Thanx

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Apple has standard layouts depending on country or region. If you BTO from the online store. You can choose the keyboard used.

Except for Japanese. Apple uses the ANSI or ISO layout. Depending on the keyboard standard to your country or keyboard you select.

I suppose Russian would be the most standard Cyrillic layout. It's what Apple ships to multiple countries which use Cyrillic. Uses the ISO layout. Then you can choose variations in the OS for your specific country. Although the visual layout will be Russian.

Here's a list of the layouts. Pay attention when you find your country if it is a visual and physical layout you can buy or just a localized functional layout in the OS.

If you open and zoom in on the infographic. It's easier to see what Apple sells. The left column is what can be bought and the right column is what is available in the OS.

Albov2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2022
Not exactly true.
See the pic of the Cyrillic KB layout I got on my MacBook Pro 14.
The location of letters is different doen default layout I used to.
With combination of black background the change in layout makes typing difficult and counterintuitive.
That is why I’m asking for a real pic of the new MacBook Air m2 layout.
If someone has it please make a picture.

Thank you

Attachments

• 01F645CC-DE12-447C-A912-C49960DD46A1.jpeg
    01F645CC-DE12-447C-A912-C49960DD46A1.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: Macneed12

s.golod

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
Not exactly true.
With combination of black background the change in layout makes typing difficult and counterintuitive.

Thank you
M2 Air has same layout as your MBP 14

Last edited:

Albov2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2022
Oh no... Bad news :-(
But thank you!
Could you please take a photo of your KB and attach it here?

Macneed12

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2023
Guys I also want to buy MacBook Air M2 with Russian keyboard. Where did you guys buy MacBook Air? USA store?

Macneed12

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2023
Not exactly true.

Thank you
Where did you buy this Macbook? U.S. store? I'm planning to get from U.S. store with Russian keyboard. And I also don't like that layout.

Macneed12

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2023
I called to U.S. Apple store and they said that English Alphabet is to the left side of corner, while Russian to the right side corner. I'm not sure if they are correct but looking at official website on Apple the layout is exactly what they have described.

Once I get MacBook Air M2 I will confirm. I wish someone would help here to with that question.

jllll

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
I ordered MacBook M2 Pro in Europe, keyboard looks like this. Had no idea they changed the direction, got used to mine MacBook Pro 2019. A little bit disappointed.
kb.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.