MacBook Air mid-2014 EFI Firmware 2.8 Hanging

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by reknab, Jun 10, 2014.

1. reknab macrumors newbie

Has anyone had an issue with their Macbook Air hanging on boot (Apple logo and spinner) after downloading and installing the 2.8 firmware update?

I updated mine through Software Update. It's been sitting on that screen for at least 20 minutes now. I've tried rebooting and it just goes back to that screen.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1749?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Woogi Too macrumors newbie

Macbook Air Hangtime after update

Yes I tried to update today and had the same issue.. it hung for a while never restarted to home screen so i did a soft reboot to get back to normal. The update did not install. I will be checking forums before i update in future.
    :mad:

I wonder if they will ever make an update so you can use Airdrop iPhone to MBA? They keep saying hardware this and software that however i can air update my iTunes to my phone?? isn't that using the same route?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I believe I read that is coming with Yosemite and iOS8.

4. BSoares macrumors regular

Yeah, he said so during the keynote.

5. ACMemphis10 macrumors newbie

Same problem here. For my 2013 there is a EFI Firmware Update and a SMC Firmware Update. Tried "Update All" and it began process then hung. I had to do a soft reboot, then it updated firmware and restarted again on its own. Might have had something to do with updating both at the same time.

6. teffers macrumors regular

Just updated my 2013 MBA without any issue.

Maybe they've corrected it ?