MacBook Air .. Mojave Preinstalled!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TreRep, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

Received today from Apple online store … MAcbook air base the one sold for 999

production week 38 so it smells of china :) maybe it will not be discontinued?

and mojave preinstalled!

2. Vlad.E. Suspended

Vlad.E.

3. irontiger82 macrumors member

4. TreRep thread starter macrumors regular

TreRep

i think that this means something:

1- it is selling like hot cakes

2- maybe it will not be discontinued, otherwise production would be already stopped...

5. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

What configuration did you get? Generally speaking Apple only keep the two stock models in any significant quantity, so it’s quite likely if you selected an i7, or 512GB storage it’d be made to order

Edit: sorry I see you said it was the 999/ base model - in that case maybe they have just depleted their stock before discontinuation?

6. Johnny365 macrumors 6502a

Johnny365

How is Mojave running on it? Only thing preventing me from updating the OS (from High Sierra) is that Tardisk compatibility hasn't been there since Sierra, so I don't want to have to reformat the entire drive to get it "possibly working".

7. curmudgeonette macrumors 6502

Or 3: It will be discontinued and Apple is assembling machines based on a just-in-time schedule, i.e. only enough to fill actual orders as they come in. You might say "But wait, Apple has to buy components from suppliers in large quantities", but any leftovers can go into the repair parts stockpile.

8. Vlad.E. Suspended

Vlad.E.

Runs great on my 2014 MBA.

9. jecowa macrumors regular

That's good to hear. I hope Apple realizes that people love scissor switches and switches back. And I would love if they could make some kind of hybrid MagSafe / USB type-C port. TouchBar seems like an expensive downgrade too. If Apple really wants a touchscreen, they should put it on the screen instead of the keyboard, but I'm not interested in touchscreens at all on my laptop.