Macbook air new model ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TJEPP, Oct 20, 2014.

1. TJEPP macrumors member

Hey I Know when the iPhones and iPads and whatnot come out But I am not sure about the macbook airs, I want to get one soon, but not sure if there is going to be an update in the next few months ?

2. jmazzamj macrumors regular

Nobody knows exactly when the next update is coming but rumours point to a huge overhaul of the Air line and probably the introduction of a new 12" model. Once again THESE ARE RUMORS and as such MUST be taken with a BIG grain of salt.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

For sure there is nothing until spring 2015, following Apple's pasts release schedule.

Are you in the market for one now, or just asking for curiosity?

4. Woochoo macrumors 6502

As some users stated here in this forum, if Apple hasn't released the Air with Core-M for the Christmas Holidays, he might avoid Broadwell to go Skylake which would be a huge improvement in various aspects (performance, GPU, thunderbolt 3...), because Skylake will come for sure at 4Q 2015 (Intel ensured they wouldn't delay it despite Broadwell delays), so it's only 6 months from Broadwell to Skylake for the mid-high range computers & laptops.

Even if Apple goes Broadwell, they'll get Broadwell-U which won't come until Feb or so, so at least you should wait 4-5 months for a new MBA model.

IMO I was going to get the MBA Broadwell (if it comes out), but definitely gonna wait for Skylake.

5. Serban Suspended

the new model i think is for the spring event 2015 with broadwell
    now apple will have a spring event because they will have what to talk about for at least 1-2 hours: watch available, 12" MBA, ipad pro and the 4k 21.5" imac