MacBook Air: No Sound in Guided Tour

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ICEBreaker, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ICEBreaker macrumors 6502

Hi Apple fans,

Is it just me, or is there no sound on the downloaded MacBook Air Guided Tour MOV file? I've tried it using QT and VLC on the Mac, as well as download it again from a PC and using WMP. None of them have any sounds. I downloaded the Leopard Guided Tour, and it's got sound. So the problem doesn't seem to be with me... or is it?

Any of you got the same problems?
    JC

2. bluesjam macrumors member

Works fine for me.
    So the problem seems to be unique with you as a lot of people have downloaded and watched it and none have reported any problems with the sound.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, thanks a lot for the confirmation!

How odd that I have downloaded it twice from two different computers and used three different programs but none of them have sound.

I've also downloaded the Apple TV guided tour and that works perfectly.

Never mind, I've watched it through Safari now. But wish I could have it full screen.

5. mrsollars macrumors regular

i also had the sound problem. (just wanting to confirm you aren't crazy.)

fixed now though.

6. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your message MrSollars. OK, I'll download it again. Cool.

7. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I've had no problem watching the tour, but I can't get the ad to work, on both my iMac running leopard and my iBook G4 running 10.3

Update: nevermind. You just have to wait and eventually it shows up. There's no visual feedback that the movie is loading.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I had no problems watching it shortly after the Keynote yesterday.

9. Aquis macrumors member

I also had no sound - I watched it in YouTube instead though, since I didn't want to download the 170Mb file again!

10. sananda macrumors 68020

i downloaded it and also had no sound. ended up streaming it.

11. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Oh I thought you were talking about the actual MBA.

Speaking of which does it make any sound? I mean I'm guessing there aren't any real fans in their right?

12. iynque macrumors newbie

Same problem

I don't get any sound on it either...

13. aleck macrumors member

No sound for the guided tour as well. I have no idea why - the Time Machine ad is just fine.

14. mantic macrumors 6502a

Tried to watch it yesterday after work.. No sound here either. Havn't tried again.

15. djc6 macrumors 6502

I also have no audio... I have a 24" iMac running 10.5.1 and the latest Quicktime v7.4... I upgraded in a vain attempt to fix this problem! Whats also strange is that I cannot watch the macbook air advertisement. It's supposed to display inline in the web page, but all I get is a white box. Works fine on the mac mini w/10.4.11 that I use at work.

16. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi DJC6. How do you get Apple Minis at work? What line of work may I ask you do? I am always surprised to hear people have Apples at work, since I always consider Apples to be home entertainment computers. I can't imagine requesting IT to give me an Apple. Every computer in my workplace is IBM / Lenovo.

17. djc6 macrumors 6502

ICEBreaker, I'm actually a windows administrator at a university :) Academia seems a lot more amicable to macs. If you check out the http://macenterprise.org/ mailing list, you'll find the overwhelming majority of "enterprise" users who participate on the list are at schools and universities.

For example, we love Apple's Xserve RAID, but we tend to attach them to Solaris, Linux and Windows machines and not Apple Servers :) We do have a couple Xserve's around though, but most of the macs on campus are clients - student laptops, office machines, and lab computers.

18. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi DJC6. It's interesting to know that you use Apple servers to support machines of other systems. I suppose schools and universities are more open minded about Apple. I remember using Apple in every school I've studied at, as well as university. : )