Macbook Air not responding

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Incriptus, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Incriptus, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018

Incriptus macrumors newbie

Incriptus

Hi sorry, I came here to see if I could get assistance with my 2014 Macbook Air. I turn the laptop on regularly and the screen turns on but then nothing shows up. I’ve tried looking for many solutions but none work. Please help, thanks.

2. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

You never see anything on the screen? Tried using an external monitor? Was it ever dropped or exposed to moisture or liquid?

3. Incriptus thread starter macrumors newbie

Incriptus

Hi Audit13, I see the regular display when the Macbook turns on but the Apple logo doesn't show up, and doesn't get past it. I have tried using an external monitor. I haven't dropped it to be exposed near liquids or moisture. Thanks.

4. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "regular display". You don't see the Apple logo on-screen or the progress bar? What happens with an external monitor? Do to hear the chime?

5. Incriptus thread starter macrumors newbie

Incriptus

Nothing really shows up on the external monitor. I don't see the Apple logo on-screen or the progress bar. I do hear the chime to start off with but then it just stays on that same screen.

6. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Boot the machine and then some a bright light on the screen at an angle to see if you can see a faint image.

It could be a loose lvds cable.

I suggest removing the bottom, disconnect the battery, and examine the board for possible damage. If you don't want to open the machine, take it to an apple store for diagnosis.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Very simple.

When it boots and you hear that DANG! that means the cpu is alive (good sign).

If all dark screen after a few minutes, shine a flashlight on it and if see image, but dark, then the backlight is out.

After that may wanna google for procedure for PRAM RESET, SMC RESET, MACBOOK BOOT HARDWARE DIAGNOSTIC.

8. Incriptus thread starter macrumors newbie

Incriptus

Thanks!