Macbook Air or Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Otumelty, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Otumelty macrumors member

Ok guys, bit of a dilemma here,

I am intending to make my first step into OSX this summer and I am torn between the air and the pro.

Originally I was intending to buy a Macbook Pro 13" but I'm fairly confident it will get a big redesign and retina next year, and I'd hate to buy and then it come out soon after.

I am looking at the MacBook Air 13" base model, with the 128gb SSD, and I am intending to add the 8gb of ram.

I will be using it for word processing, internet browsing, I will use it for iTunes (with my music on an external harddrive) and light gaming (really only football manager as I have a ps3 for anything more demanding.)

What do you think. thanks.

2. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I use my 2010 Macbook 13" for exactly what you use it for and I'm getting the new Air over the 13" pro. (my pro is shot. I've dropped it several times and spilled coffee on the keyboard so it only works with a BT keyboard and the screen has a large crack)

My dad has a 2011 Air and the SSD makes such a huge difference in loading up stuff that its worth the extra money. It feels faster than my Pro. The higher resolution screen makes it worth it as well.

3. Otumelty thread starter macrumors member

Sounds good, I might go back down into the apple store, and play with them, and try and steer clear of the retina ones, because they are just too tempting!