Macbook air or the Ipad pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Krackkid, May 27, 2016.

1. Krackkid macrumors member

Lets get this clear; I already got a windows gaming pc, so if i buy one of these bad boys, there will be no gaming. Atleast, not like Witcher 3, battlefield..

I already got a ipad air 2, but my parents divorced, so the air 2 is at my moms place. The pro is almost the same size as the ipad air 13 inch? Only the prize is different.. hahaha...

Can someone help me decide?

2. 960design macrumors 68000

Primary purpose for the device?
    1) Consumption = iPad
    2) Creation = Macbook

Are you going to mainly use it to create content or to consume content?

3. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Stick with the laptop, but i'd be looking towards the rMBP not the MBA.
    The Pro is not really any different for the Air2 you have already unless you intend to use the pencil.

4. Krackkid thread starter macrumors member

Consumption. Games on the appstore. Typing on forums. Can you watch twitch on the pro? And YouTube full hd video's with no lag ?

Also, I think that the macbooks are small.. I mean.. the pro is hugeeeee.

5. 960design macrumors 68000

Yes, I watch Twitch daily on my iPad Pro 9.7, type the occasional email, answer the not so occasional forum post.

Lag? Comparison wise, the iPad Pro has equivalent to or better computing power than the Mac Air; so no lag at all.

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Even the Air 2 does not lag with 1080p video, the iPad Pro could probably do 4K as well (assuming the playback app supports it). If you mean buffering, well, of course that depends on your internet connection and distance from the router. :)

7. Krackkid thread starter macrumors member

Yes, im thinking to not buy the pro, since i got the air 2.

What should i buy then? The Macbook air 13 inch. ( i think its small.) The macbook pro 13 inch but it has 4 GB memory.. but it only costs 999,-. Or a iMac the 21.5'' 1.6GHz. That one costs 1229,- but i dont know where to put him cuz i alrdy got my windows gaming pc. Or a regular macbook 12'' 256GB space gray.

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

8. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

rMBP comes with 8GB as standard and 128 or 256GB Flash.
    If you hang on for WWDC you might be able to get a bargain on an outgoing model.