MacBook Air Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacLadybug, Sep 30, 2012.

1. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I loved my little 13" Aluminum Unibody. Mine was the first model...no Pro. It was amazing; configured to top of the line and it served me well.

A buyer came along and made an offer "I couldn't refuse". That was the easy decision, the hard part was trying to decide what to replace it with. After many a sleepless night I decided to go ahead and get the 13" MacBook Air (June 2012). It's sleek, elegant, weightless and meets all my expectations and more.

The only bad experience I have had with it was spending 1½ hours on the phone with Apple support asking a question about "Remote Disk" only to find that the representative had no idea what that particular function was for. (I want his Genius T-Shirt)

So, to get to the point... I'd like to hear about your experiences with your MacBook Air... how you use yours, if you have any issues, any tips you may have or things to look out for, what specs you chose, etc.
    :D

2. robvas macrumors 68020

That's the purpose of this entire sub forum. Spend some time reading through the posts and threads that already exist.

3. boba7523 macrumors regular

I just got mine a few days ago (as you know from the sticky thread) so I haven't had the chance to use it too much (have a desktop at home). However, I plan to use my MBA for note taking and surfing the web. Anything more intensive I will use my desktop. :D

Oh, and I got it used for $800 (great deal IMO). Core i5 2.4 ghz, 4 gb ram, 128 ssd. Still has warranty until May 2013 and I can extend it with AppleCare !!! :cool:

Only thing I regret was selling my Seagate Go Flex Ultra Slim external hard drive along with my MBP because I thought i was never coming back to a Mac ... I totally gave the buyer one heck of a deal on the bundle.... Guess it balances out with the great deal I got on my new baby :p

4. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Yeah after a few months of using your new Air you'll forget about the drive. I'm using mine for absolutely everything but movie making, and gaming. I just got a Twelve South BookArc to hold it upright and out of the way while it charges. It even looks beautiful when it just sits there. ahhhh
    PHP:
    698036.jpg

Attached Files: