MacBook Air Payment - Have I got a free Air?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pixellated, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Well, this is very wierd...

Last Sunday, the 4th I believe, I ordered a refurb MacBook Air. It was the 128SSD/2.13 Config and it cost me £1,169 from the Apple Refurb store. Almost instantly, a hold was placed on my debit card for £1,169. Then the Mac shipped, yesterday it arrived. I had a look at my account today, and it seems that the hold is gone and the money hasn't been taken :confused:... Strange, I think.

I call Apple, and they tell me that the money has been received from my account on the 6th (the day my Mac shipped). I then call my bank, Santander, and they tell me that the hold has been removed and the money has not been removed from my account. the lady on the phone tells me to keep at least £1,169 in my account as it is their right to claim it for six months, after which then it is mine and I got a free laptop :D.

Has anything like this happened to you? When did they take the money?

2. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

this is how Apple has always done it. In a few days if not tomorrow, the actual charge will post on your account.

3. Pixellated thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah, thanks. I normally buy from the brick-and-mortar Apple stores so I didn't realise that this was the case.

4. Bossworld macrumors member

Happened to me with Game years and years back. Appeared to have taken the money, nothing actually went out, and then nearly 2 months later they tried to take it, resulting in me going over drawn.

5. Pixellated thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah, well it just came out today. Still strange though. :confused:

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

HA HA what a tease. I bet you got excited for a couple of days thinking you had scored a free MBA

7. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez