MacBook Air pricing advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DJinTX, Nov 18, 2014.

1. DJinTX macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2010
    Hi all,

I am trying to find the absolute best deal on a 2014 MacBook Air 13 inch (8GB ram, 256GB) with AppleCare. I am closely watching the Appleinsider deals page as they show the Macs + AppleCare bundles at Adoroma and B&H, and currently they have this MBA + AppleCare for $1330 at Adorama (basically $219 off). However, I have never bought anything through them before, so am a bit cautious of their return policies or customer service after the sale.

I am also hesitant because I have seen better deals on the new iMacs and other Macs where the deal is AppleCare for free which would be great. Sometimes they even throw in a $25-50 iTunes card. I am also okay with buying the computer from one source and AppleCare from another, although these bundles seem to offer the lowest price.

Basically, I just need some guidance from anyone out there who might know more about the usual timing of these offers so I can decide whether I should jump on the current deal or if there might be better deals coming either related to black Friday, cyber Monday, or even approaching Christmas. I can wait a bit if I can get a better deal. I just don’t know what to expect. Any advice?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Nov 3, 2011
    Its hard to tell with the 3rd party vendors. It would seem there would be some up and coming deals during BF. Ultimately there will always been a better deal coming. The only reason to really delay a purchase is when a newer model is imminent.
  3. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2010
    900 at best buy and if you get a student to give you their coupon its $50 bucks off that. Discover gives you 5% cash back at Best buy and 5% cash back on online shopping and yes they do add them both up if you buy from the discover site. I purchased a iMac for my dad last X-mas got 5% cash back for online shopping and 5% for buying at Best buy from the discover site.

I am not sure if Chase or other cash back cards do that as well. Thinking of getting my fiancé a macbook air for X-mas