"MacBook Air PRO" and More to Come

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meagain, Jan 16, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I won't go on about how crazy I think the negative bashing is on the MacBook Air.........

First, I do wonder this.... Should we rule out the possibility that Apple will unleash TWO levels of the Air? Just as they have the MacBook and MacBook Pro, why not a "MacBook Air Pro"? Ramped up guts, perhaps even coming in other sizes perhaps with a thin bezel and keyboard up to the edge.

Is this not a possibility to you?

Secondly, when I watched the Keynote, at the end Steve seemed to put stronger than normal emphasis with the "we're only 2 weeks into 2008 and look what we've already come up with". This whole little section of the keynote really struck me. He was saying something here. I took it as a strong statement that this will not be a normal year for Apple.

I'm personally thrilled with MacBook Air but, (call me crazy), I'm not ruling out the possibility of more Air versons.

2. TatsuTerror macrumors regular

Because better specs means more heat, something they can't have much more of, and making room for those specs means a larger shell, making the concept of the MBA completely pointless. A Macbook is an MBA Pro.

3. kashik macrumors regular

Wouldn't a redesigned MBP be more likely than a MBA-P?

A Pro level Air would be ridiculously expensive and make little sense with today's mainstream tech.

4. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

5. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

You are right. MBP-Air would be ridiculous and unwanted by many. MBP is all about more power on the go.

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

I do think that there are some more major things to come soon to the rest of their computers. However i do not think they would ever make a macbook air pro. thats to many computers when they already have 2 other laptops that out preform it.

Personally i believe they will be introducing colors soon. The nano colors on their macbooks and possibly their macbook pro lines. Your choice your shell/case. as well as a slight change to the macbook pro lines. I just hope they dont add a black keyboard that doesnt match like the air. sheesh

my 2 cents

7. twerk macrumors member

umm are u nuts macbook air pro

the "pro" version of the air is already 3100$
    thats only for a 2 ghz faster processor and a few other things
    nearly a 1500 dollar difference

mackbook air pro hafta be 5000 lol

8. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I agree the OP is being too optimistic. However I am sure you meant 200Mhz faster, not 2Ghz.:)

9. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I think the colours idea is good but I don't think they'll introduce it to the MacBook Pro. I think if colours were introduced, it would be the Nano colours for the MacBook and the iPod Classic Colours (Black and silver) for the MacBook Pro.

What do others think?

10. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

I agree colors on the MacBook Pro
    would degrade it haha. But I could see a million kids out there eating up their new( insert color) MacBook! Think of the profits apple!