Macbook Air, Pro or wait for college?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mospeada02, Jul 12, 2009.

1. mospeada02 macrumors newbie

I am entering my second year of college and I thinking about getting either a Macbook Air or Pro, but I am not sure which one to get. My main uses for the MacBook would be taking notes for lectures, carrying it around campus, and some light gaming. Currently I have a Black Macbook 2.4 Ghz. Should I wait for one more year, get a Macbook air or pro?

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Well I think you should wait until next year as Intel is releasing new processor chips. I suggest getting a Macbook Pro. Stick with your Blackbook if you can.

3. akbc macrumors 6502

Yeah, I think the black macbook should hold you another year or two until the new Intel mobile processors kick in.

And I suggest the 13" MBP as well :) If the MacBook is going to be your main computer in campus, then MacBook Air has a lot of shortcomings.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This means to never buy a new computer ever again. New chips are released EVERY YEAR, always more than once.

OP, don't buy until college, but if you NEED a computer, don't wait at all.

5. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

It sounds like your Blackbook fits all of your needs perfectly, and buying a new laptop wouldn't really provide you with any additional functionality. The only thing I could see is if you bout a MBP with discrete graphics, but you said that you only do some light gaming, so your laptop should suit you well for a few more years.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't think you need a new machine in a year, the Blackbook is still a fine computer for those tasks.