MacBook Air random and definitive freezings.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hyperipod, Oct 21, 2011.

1. hyperipod macrumors member

My friend's MacBook Air randomly freezes completely. Even if I close the lid the screen is still open.

When the crash occurred, I was testing Sauerbraten with the settings on maximum. Though, it probably isn't heat related because the freeze occurred 30 seconds after I launched Sauerbraten.

Also, I checked in the crash log, and the last thing the computer said before booting (after the crash, of course):
    "11-10-21 20:27:59,382 loginwindow: Application hardKill returned -600"

Anyone knows what the problem is ?

Thanks !

2. nexsta macrumors 6502

Probably faster to reinstall Lion than searching for the problem.

3. vtyler98 macrumors member

I've had this same problem happen multiple times and it isn't a heat related problem. Someone suggested it could be a problem with the SSD but I'm not really sure, I'm also interested to see what some possible solutions are before I take this to the Apple store.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

negative errors in console (-600) typically indicate hardware issues and not software issues in my experience.

Not exactly on the -600, but the fact that it's a negative number. However in this case being that it's the loginwindow process, it is more likely software unless it's SSD related.

5. hyperipod thread starter macrumors member

Did all the software updates Apple gave out and it is still regularly occurring…

Guess he'll have to bring it to the Apple Store...