Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dave343

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2014
I read as everyone else did I'm sure, that Apple is refreshing the Airs with Broadwell, "supposedly" on the 24th of this month. Let's assume that rumor is true, historically when does that mean you can actually purchase one? Does Apple stock then on the day they are released? Thanks,

gpatrick15

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm wondering this as well. I'm in the market for a new Mackbook, and I believe I'm going with the 11 inch MBA. I'm looking to buy in the next few weeks, and the 12 inch would be nice, but not a requirement. Especially if there's too long a wait. My needs are definitely not hardcore at this point, so the 11 inch should be fine. If they do decide to refresh them on the 24th, it's highly likely that I'll purchase that rather than wait on the mythical 12 inch Retina. Unless news leaked of the 12 inch MBA being priced at $1,000 or below prior to the 24th (if that date holds up), then I'll be perfectly content with my purchase.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I wonder if this will result in any sales at Best Buy leading up to the refresh. It would be great to get a deal on the current ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.