MacBook Air Refresh Imminent at WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Matrinix, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Matrinix macrumors newbie

I ordered a 13-inch MacBook Air last Friday (I know, bad timing, but it was either order it then, or don't get to order it at all) but even though it said they were in stock, my order status still shows "Processing Items". Everything else in my order has already arrived (iPads, accessories, etc.). I called the sales rep that handles Apple orders for my company and he said that the "Processing Items" message means they have stopped manufacturing the current model and are waiting for the new revision to be announced before they ship it. Is something similar happening to anyone else?

2. Kirixis macrumors member

Kirixis

Sweet!

I'm about to order... I hope WWDC is amazing!

3. Kungshi macrumors member

Though I've never heard of this, it is very encouraging!

4. calvol macrumors 6502a

5. atMac macrumors 6502

I have, I've just never heard of the sales team admitting it. It's not unusual for Apple to hold orders a few days to ship the new version instead.

6. samac92 macrumors 6502a

Awesome, so to get a head start on the new one I should order one now? :p

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm a pessimist by nature - Life has a way of crushing optimism out of you :p

Anyway I'm not entirely sold that apple fully communicated their manufacturing plans and details of the new models. In other words, for a company that is known to be incredibly secretive, do you really think they told the first line of phone support that there's a new computer coming?

My point is that I've seen my order for laptops stuck in processing for a while and then get shipped. Don't get your hopes up too high but with that said good luck and maybe they are right and you'll be getting the newer model

8. Matrinix, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

Matrinix thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the guy that works for my company that handles our Apple orders. I was just under the impression he heard it from Apple. In other news, I got this email today:

I'm able to access the order database for my company, and we are seeing similar delays for 15-inch MacBook Pros. I'm not sure about 13-inch MacBook Pros, iMacs, or Mac Pros because there hasn't been any ordered recently by my company. 17-inch MacBook Pro and Mac mini orders are being fulfilled so I suspect they won't be refreshed.

9. Bryan55 macrumors member

Bryan55