MacBook Air replacement hard drive

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by xlrtech, Aug 28, 2010.

1. xlrtech macrumors newbie

I am attempting to find a replacement hard drive for a MacBook Air (original version); the original drive is made by Samsung, and has the model number HS082HB/A.

These are both hard to come by and relatively expensive; they - and the Samsung-branded versions (without the "/A") - are also listed as replacement drives for Ipods.

I have come across the HS081HA, which seems to be both more widely available and less expensive, and is also touted as a replacement drive for Ipods. Does anyone know if this will be suitable for fitting in a MacBook Air?

I have also spotted one or more Toshiba drives which look as though they might do the job.

2. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

I replaced the 80GB HDD in my MacBook Air rev A with a RunCore SSD and have been pleased with the increased performance.

3. GeekGuys macrumors regular

I would replace it with an SSD. Your Rev A will feel like an upgraded machine (which, of course, it is). You will suddenly have a faster, more responsive MBA and you'll be very happy.

If money is a major issue though, I believe the models you specified will be OK.