Macbook air rev:A trackpad issues after new SMC Firmware Update 1.2

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mmezher, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mmezher macrumors newbie

Yesterday i installed this update http://support.apple.com/downloads/MacBook_Air_SMC_Firmware_Update_1_2 on my mba and now i have problems with my trackpad,its slow,lags and stops responding during usage.
    at first i thought it was an hardware problem but if i only run on battery then it works perfect.
    i have tried to Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM=still same issue.
    anyone experienced this or got any tips how to solve it?
    btw is it possible to uninstall SMC Firmware Update 1.2 ?i dont think so cuz its a firmware but maybe downgrade is possible?
    Thnx

today i did a clean os reinstall and installed all the updates=still same issue.
    called apple support,they said since i dont have any warranty basicly the advised me to wait for a new update to come since there is not mutch the can do.
    they gave me this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2213 to try and reinstalling the firmware via the Firmware Restoration CD but i cant find anyware that this "Firmware Restoration CD" supports the macbook air 1.1 ,also my mba idle temp is 10c higher for no reason.
    f**king firmware!my computer ran perfect before this sh*t
    apple "everything just works" my ass

2. mmezher thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone?

please anyone got a single ide?its annoying as f**k :(

3. italiansauce88 macrumors newbie

i have the same problem actually.... pretty annoying

4. mmezher thread starter macrumors newbie

did you experience this problem also after the new update or have you had it before the update?
    if so then apple should release a fix asap since probably other users also got this problem now.
    btw i booted up to the osx cd and the issue was still there outside the os so a os-reinstall is pointless i think.

5. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

I have a rev A MBA 1.8GHz 80GB and have no issues after the firmware update.

Sounds like you should take it to Apple.

6. mmezher thread starter macrumors newbie

my warranty has expired a couple months ago :/

7. h1d macrumors regular

Boot on install DVD or boot camp and see if it happens also? My rev A 1.8 was safe.

"I have a rev A MBA 1.8GHz 80GB" - Is that a typo? I thought 1.8Ghz only had 64GB SSD or 80GB had 1.6Ghz CPU only.

8. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

It was a CTO. They've showed up in the refurbished store occasionally as well.

9. italiansauce88 macrumors newbie

So nobody has this issue???? besides the two of us???? riiiiight.....

10. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

My Rev A is fine.

11. italiansauce88 macrumors newbie

there is definitely something wrong with my trackpad since this update.. its as if i have to click a few times extra for it to work.

12. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

13. AirHed macrumors newbie

track pad issues

I also have trackpad issues.

At first the issue was that the trackpad was slow to respond sometimes. Then I told spotlight to stop background searching unnecessary material such as internet pages. This improved the situation considerably.

But now I have the problem that sometimes my trackpad develops a mind of its own and moves and left and right clicks randomly. It sometimes lasts a few seconds, sometimes longer. The only way I can stop it is by "command" + "option" + eject.

I am assuming that this is more of a software glitch as the trackpad has no right click of its own.

Has anyone else experienced this?