MacBook Air Right Speaker Weak?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by catmonkey, Jan 2, 2012.

1. catmonkey macrumors member

Hi, I've just jumped from a 2009 15" MacBook Pro to the current generation Air 13" and I'm absolutely loving it so far.

I know laptop speakers aren't really meant for listening to music, my externals are for that however it would be nice to play music at three quarters volume without hearing vibration.

I noticed that when sliding the audio balance the left speaker seems to give a much richer sound with more bass compared to the right which is tinny and lower in volume, is this the same with all Air's or should both speakers be equal?

Thanks,

Mike

2. pieuk macrumors member

see i thought this was just me, so i swapped it within 14 days. this one is far better and only really vibrates when giving it some beans.

so i don't really know how to answer your question as it seems to be a normal issue, my friends mbp 2011 also makes this same vibration.

id say keep it and just adjust levels under midi control. i swapped my whole laptop for a replacement and got a not so good screen. (luckily apple replaced the screen :) )