MacBook Air Safari and Chrome Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nickash28, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Nickash28 macrumors member

Jun 13, 2010
    Just got the MBA for Christmas. Right out of the box the Safari is acting up. Loading bar gets to "http://" then stops loading for a long time. Sometimes it resumes and sometimes it does not. It practically unusable.

Downloaded Chrome and it seemed to work for a day, now it's doing the same thing Safari is doing.

Any help here? Not even sure what it could be.... So frustrated it's crazy!
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    Did you try clearing your cache and cookies? What sites are you trying? What DNS servers are you using?
  3. Nickash28 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 13, 2010
    Nothing fancy... Amazon, MacRumors,, espn...

Tried resetting and emptying cache, no luck. Where can I find DNS info?
    Thanks for responding
  4. Weaselboy Moderator

Staff Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Given it is doing this with both browsers, it sounds more like an Internet connection issue than anything with the browsers.

Go to a speedtest site and see what you get.
  5. Nickash28 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 13, 2010
    Speedtest produced similar results to my MBP which has no problem.

Issue is that it hangs up when visiting a new site or logging in to a site.
    For example:

I'll type in and it'll load quickly to "http://" and stop for awhile. Then it'll start again and finish after the pause.

I'll try to log in and it'll hang for awhile and if I click login again it'll go complete at normal speed...
  6. Xikum macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2011
    You get 3 months of Apple phone support when you buy an Apple product; give them a call.
  7. macdudesir macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2011
    Blacksburg, VA
  8. Nickash28 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 13, 2010
    Took that piece to the genius bar. They gave me a new one. The other thing that was weird was opening from sleep login always popped up even with auto login settings. Thanks for the responses everyone.